The ACCORD consortium held its end-of-year Assembly in the Council room provided by EUMETSAT in Darmstadt on 7 and 8 December. With the proposed hybrid format, all 26 Members were represented, half in Darmstadt, half by video. The Assembly approved:
- the activity report 2022 and the work plan for 2023,
- the financial statement 2022 and the budget 2023,
- two documents prepared by the Management Group (MG) describing the main objectives it wishes to achieve, in complement to the MoU and the ACCORD strategy: the roadmap and a white paper on R2O/O2R (on the issues of transfer and interface between R&D coordinated in ACCORD and the implementation of NWP codes for operational use by the partners),
- the physics roadmap: how to improve interoperability between the different configurations of the ACCORD physics codes (AROME, ALARO, HARMONIE-AROME)
- the distribution under Apache-2 license of the LAM code of spectral transforms,
- the analysis of the impact of DEODE in the ACCORD work plan and resources.
An overview and plans for future developments in NWP at the European Centre and Météo-France were presented (ECMWF/DG and MF/DESR/D).
The Assembly also approved the opening and the conditions of the call for applications for 2 vacant positions in the ACCORD MG: Physics Area Leader and Data Assimilation Area Leader. These calls were launched on Wednesday 14th. The Assembly took note of the departure of Patricia Pottier (ACCORD Consortium Scientific Secretary) in the summer of 2023 and of the proposal by Météo-France to open this position internally.
The composition and chairmanships of the Assembly and the Advisory Committees (PAC and STAC) were renewed, in accordance with the MoU.
The participants welcomed the success of the meeting and the progress made in ACCORD in just under two years of the consortium’s existence.
The ACCORD webpages have been updated according to these decisions (RWP, governance, mailing lists, ...).
Agenda, presentations and adopted minutes of the Assembly meeting can be found on the 5th Assembly page.
More information and material on the dedicated pages under "EVENTS"
- MG regular video-meetings (every other Friday morning)
- Selection committee meetings for DA and Physics ALs, 27-28 February
- All Staff Workshop (with LTM meeting): Tallinn (hybrid), 27-31 March 2023
- MG in-person meeting: 1 day in April
- PAC meeting, if convened by the Assembly
- STAC spring meeting: 25 May
- One or two Bureau meetings until the next Assembly meeting
- 6th Assembly video meeting, half a day between 27 and 29 June, t.b.c.
- EWGLAM-SRNWP meeting 25-28 September, hybrid meeting (Iceland) with, if possible an LTM meeting, and a MG meeting on 29 September
- autumn STAC, two half-day, in person, date and place to be defined
- ACCORD Bureau
- Assembly meeting
2nd ACCORD All Staff Workshop, the first one in an hybrid format
- it did run smoothly: WARM CONGRATULATIONS to the Slovenian hosts
- future ASWs will be hybrid as well: 3rd ASW on 27-31 March 2023 (place t.b.c.)
- 212 registered participants of which 66 on site and 85 - 120 remote participants during the sessions (about 45 - 55 during side-meetings)
- 7 sessions + opening/closing sessions + 3 side-meetings
- 75 speakers (presentations) + 18 posters
- BIG THANK to the participants, in-situ or remote
- video-recording: 30 hours
All material is available on the ASW2022 page