A big thank you to the 250 colleagues who joined us for the 1st ACCORD All Staff Workshop, many ACCORD colleagues of course, but also colleagues from ECWMF and the COSMO scientific PM.
The All Staff Workshop does befit its name: many of the 290 ACCORDers (persons who worked on the Rolling Work Plans of the consortium over the last 3 years, representing 125 annual Full Time Equivalent) attended the sessions they were interested in and participated to the exchanges with the speakers and the chairs, including in the chat tool.
The biggest session gathered 180 simultaneous attendees (opening), the others between 130 (Data Assimilation, dynamics, EPS and Meteorological Quality Assurance), 150 (physics, posters introduction), 160 (surface), 170 (code and system development).
During the closing session, the new Area Leaders presented a summary of the session in their area and their plans for the future, with still almost 130 persons connected on this Friday afternoon session.
The speakers, posters’ presenters and chairs have prepared more than 100 documents for 70 talks, 20 posters, 9 sessions and 2 side-meetings.
The sessions have been recorded and the 31 hour video recordings are available. The content of the discussions in the chat have also been kept.
These documents are available below, linked to their relevant item in the agenda.
Agenda and list of participants
The agenda and the list of participants have been updated on 16 April.
The sessions took place on 5 full days 12-16 April 2021 on the same video-room, except for dynamics side-meeting.
- Plenary opening session (link to video recording, chapter 1)., chat messages during session
- Opening of the Meeting & Welcome speech by Marianne Thyrring, Chair of the ACCORD Assembly
- FISCHER Claude: The PM presentation: the first steps of ACCORD
- SZINTAI Balazs: Status of the C-SRNWP module of EUMETNET
- Plenary session:Code and system development (incl. adaptation to HPC). (link to video recording, chapter 2). , chat messages during session
- MUÑOZ Daniel Santos : System activities in HIRLAM-C
- EL KHATIB Ryad: gmkpack, 16 years of a build system
- FISCHER Claude: Cycling
- MARY Alexandre: Building new cycles: towards new practices
- Plenary session: Dynamics. (link to video recording, chapter 3)., chat messages during session
- SMOLIKOVA Petra & VIVODA Jozef: Generalization of the linear model used in the SI and ICI time schemes
- PETITHOMME Harold: Vertical WENO interpolations in SL scheme
- Side-meeting on Dynamics (link to video recording, chapter 1). , chat messages during side meeting
- Plenary session: Surface (link to video recording, chapter 1). , chat messages during session
- SAMUELSSON Patrick: Overview of HIRLAM surface activities
- BAKKETUN Åsmund : Representation of land surface physics in AROME-Arctic: Utilizing the multi-layer soil, snow and vegetation options
- BIRMAN Camille: Assimilation of satellite retrieved land surface temperatures in AROME land surface mode
- KURZENEVA Ekaterina: Snow analysis and physiography
- Plenary session cont.: Surface (link to video recording, chapter 2).
- HAMDI Rafiq: Modeling drip irrigation underneath plastic mulch within SURFEX in a typical oasis station WLWS Xinjiang, China.
- LEBEAUPIN BROSSIER Cindy: Towards ocean-atmosphere-wave coupled forecasts with AROME-NEMO-WW3: development, first results and future work
- Discussion (side-meeting announcement)
- Side meeting on Surface (link to video recording, chapters 4-5). , chat messages during side-meeting
- ACCORD Surface plans (Patrick Samuelsson, SMHI Sweden)
- Discussion, thoughts and ideas related to ACCORD surface activities
- Status of the SURFEX implementation work in ALARO CSC (Bogdan Bochenek, IMGW-PIB Poland)
- ACCORD snow plans (Ekaterina Kurzeneva, FMI Finland)
- Long term atmosphere-surface coupling strategy (Roel Stappers, Met Norway)
- Recent results about Ecoclimap-SG and DIF in AROME (Yann Seity, Adrien Napoly, Camille Birman, Météo-France)
- SEKF issues in the Alps (Helga Toth, OMSZ Hungary)
- Plenary session : Data Assimilation. (link to video recording, chapter 3). , chat messages during session
- STRAJNAR Benedikt: Data assimilation progress in RC LACE
- RANDRIAMAMPIANINA Roger: HIRLAM Upper-Air Data Assimilation: Progress report
- BROUSSEAU Pierre: Recent progress in the EnVar data assimilation system for AROME-France
- BARKMEIJER Jan : Status of HARMONIE-AROME 4D-VAR
- Plenary session cont.: Data Assimilation. (link to video recording, chapter 1).
- VIGNES Ole: Including the coupling model state in LAM variational assimilation without a Jk term
- ANDRAE Ulf : Can we used the operational MetCoOp ensemble to generate background error statistics?
- GEIJO Carlos: Development of assimilation setups suited for Nowcasting
- SCHEFFKNECHT Phillip: Exploring New Observations for Austria’s AROME RUC Nowcasting System
- Plenary session cont.: Data Assimilation. (link to video recording, chapter 2).
- ERDMANN Felix: Assimilation of Meteosat Third Generation (MTG) Lightning Imager (LI) pseudo-observations in AROME-France – Proof of Concept
- COMBARNOUS Pauline: An observation operator for geostationnary lightning imager data assimilation in storm-scale numerical weather prediction system
- MARTET Maud: Radar data assimilation in AROME-France
- HAGELIN Susanna: Evaluating the use of Aeolus satellite observations in Harmonie-Arome
- Plenary session cont.: Data Assimilation. (link to video recording, chapter 3).
- LINDSKOG Magnus: Use of microwave radiances from Metop-C, FY-3C and FY-3D satellites in MetCoOp data assimilation
- ERESMAA Reima: Radiance assimilation in the presence of systematic errors
- RANDRIAMAMPIANINA Roger: Impact of satellite radiances in an European regional reanalysis
- Plenary session cont.: Data Assimilation. (link to video recording, chapter 4).
- MONTEIRO Maria: DAsKIT progress report
- CENGIZ Yelis: The Use of SAPP at TSMS
- Discussion: summary of discussion
- Plenary session : Physics. (link to video recording, chapter 1). , chat messages during session
- BOUTELOUP Yves: Description of the proposed modifications in physics for the 2021 Arpege e-suite
- SEITY Yann: Recent developments in AROME physics
- TIJM Sander: HARMONIE-AROME physics developments
- BOCHENEK Bogdan : LACE physics developments
- MAŠEK Ján: Improvement of TOUCANS two-energy scheme
- Plenary session cont.: Physics. (link to video recording, chapter 2).
- MARQUET Pascal: Impacts of changes in the conservation of pseudo-enthalpy (Arpege/Alaro) and the turbulent mixing length (Arpege/Arome)
- SBII Siham : A new parametrization of the boundary layer forcing in the deep convection scheme of Bechold et al., 2014 and its implementation
- de ROOY Wim : Open cell convection in Harmonie-Arome: transfer from sub-grid to resolved scales
- IVARSSON Karl-Ivar: New developments of cloud physics etc. in MetCoOp
- Plenary session cont.: Physics. (link to video recording, chapter 3).
- ENGDAHL Bjørg Jenny: Aircraft icing forecasts with the ICE-T microphysics scheme
- THEEUWES Natalie: Implementation of a wind-farm wake model in HARMONIE-AROME
- TUDOR Martina: Modelling wave height and sea surface current direction using neural networks
- Plenary session cont.: Physics. (link to video recording, chapter 4).
- RONTU Laura: Status of ACCORD cloud-aerosol-radiation task PH6
- MARTIN Daniel: Impact of CAMS aerosols in HARM-ARO and update
- NIELSEN Kristian Pagh: Improved cloud optical properties
- Plenary session : EPS and MQA. (link to video recording, chapter 1). , chat messages during session
- FROGNER Inger-Lise: HarmonEPS developments
- RAYNAUD Laure: Arome-France EPS : current status and future directions
- WASTL Clemens: LAM-EPS activities in LACE
- ESCRIBÀ Pau: Status of the convection-permitting AEMET-gSREPS
- CALLADO-PALLARÈS Alfons: EUMETNET SRNWP-EPS convection-permitting LAM-EPS database
- Plenary session cont. : EPS and MQA. . (link to video recording, chapter 2).
- FEDDERSEN Henrik: Running HarmonEPS ensemble members in single precision
- STEIN Joël: New neighborhood-based CRPS
- Plenary session closing. . (link to video recording, chapters 3 and 4). , chat messages during session
- Summary and plans for the future, by Area::
- Transversal activities by Transversal activities Areal Leaders (Piet TERMONIA & Daan DEGRAUWE)
- Dynamics & scalability by Dynamics Area Leader (Ludovic AUGER)
- Data Assimilation by DA Area Leader (Roger RANDRIAMAMPIANINA)
- Physics parametrisations by CSC Leaders (Eric BAZILE, Jeanette ONVLEE, Martina TUDOR)
- Surface analysis and modelling by Surface Area Leader (Patrick SAMUELSSON)
- Ensemble forecasting and predictability by EPS Area Leader (Henrik FEDDERSEN)
- Meteorological quality assurance and verification by MQA Area Leader (Carl FORTELIUS)
- System by Area Leader (Daniel SANTOS)
- Final discussion
- Summary and plans for the future, by Area::
Poster introduction introductory slides, (link to video recording, chapter 4).
- BELLUS Martin: A-LAEF: from TC2 status to case studies
- BOCHENEK Bogdan: Operational activities in Poland
- CALVO Javier: NWP activities at Spain Meteorological Agency
- CENGIZ Yelis: NWP Activities at TSMS
- CLANCY Colm: Cycle 43 at Met Eireann
- CRACIUN Alexandra: NWP activities in Romania
- DECKMYN Alex: Belgium national poster
- DERKOVA Maria: NWP activities @SHMU
- DIEZ Maria: Prototype of a high resolution regional reanalysis
- LANDGREN Oskar: More results of impact of aerosol dataset on precipitation along the Norwegian coast
- MONTEIRO Isabel, COSTA Vanda and SILVA Fabíola: Scatterometer winds assimilation in HARMONIE-AROME for a domain over the Iberian Peninsula
- MONTEIRO Maria: 2021 ACCORD highlights for IPMA, I.P.
- POTTIER Patricia: The NWP systems at Météo-France
- PRISTOV Neva: NWP activities at ARSO (Slovenia)
- SANCHEZ-ARRIOLA Jana: Assimilation of Doppler Radar Radial Winds data in the HARMONIE-AROME model configuration run at AEMET
- STANESIC Antonio : The NWP activities at Croatian Meteorological and Hydrological Service
- SZEPSZO Gabriella: NWP activities at the Hungarian Meteorological Service
- TROJAKOVA Alena: NWP activities at CHMI
- VIGNES Ole: MetCoOp status and plans
- WITTMANN Christoph: National Poster Austria
The 1st ACCORD ASW will be organised as a video-conference with the sessions on 5 full days 12-16 April 2021: https://bluejeans.com/985550289/ .
The sessions will be recorded and the recording will be available through links from this page within 24 hours.
The call for presentations is closed. The registration remains opened until the end of March but presentations are no longer accepted.
The speakers are kindly asked to prepare a 15 minute presentation and send to Patricia the pdf file with their slides before the ASW.
The posters should also be sent to Patricia (pdf format) before the ASW. For those who want to introduce their poster, please fill your slide in the Google slides shared document prepared by Patricia (1 slide per registered poster): the slides will be shown by Patricia and you will be given the floor for a 2 minute introduction of your poster.